Requirement: All undergraduate students registered for 9 or more hours are required to carry health insurance.
This requirement is met by having private health insurance OR the TCU Aetna Student Health Insurance Plan.
- Students who wish to carry private insurance must submit their insurance information on my.tcu.edu by the fall deadline each academic year to waive automatic enrollment in the student health insurance plan .
- Students who wish to enroll in the student health insurance plan will be enrolled automatically.
- Students registered for fewer than 9 hours have the option of electing the student health insurance plan, but are not enrolled automatically and are not required to carry health insurance by the university.
- Graduate students have the option of electing the student health insurance plan, but are not required to carry health insurance by the university.
- Graduate students enrolled in 100% online programs do not have the option to elect the student health insurance plan.
Requirement: All international students are required to carry the student health insurance plan.
- Enrollment is automatic for all students on F-1 Visas.
- Exceptions are made only in the case of family members living and working in the United States.
- Students seeking an exemption, and those on H or L Visas, must check their status with the Office of International Student Services.
All students should read all insurance-related emails from the health center carefully. We will remind students by email about their insurance options as the fall deadline approaches each year.
Health services at TCU’s Brown-Lupton Health Center are available to all currently enrolled, degree seeking students regardless of their insurance coverage.
Helpful Insurance Links:
- TCU Aetna Student Health Insurance Website
- 2018 – 2019 Insurance Plan Details & Benefits Summary
- 2017 – 2018 Insurance Plan Details & Benefits Summary
- Print Web ID Cards
- Insurance Forms
For insurance questions, email Marilyn Hallam at firstname.lastname@example.org