To make an appointment at the health center, call 817-257-7940.
For a Women’s Health appointment, call 817-257-4624.
Fall & Spring Semester Hours
Students must check in by 4:30
Pharmacy opens at 11:00am
Where is the Health Center?
Tips To Help Prevent The Flu
- Get a flu vaccine and avoid close contact with sick people.
- Wipe down equipment at the gym before and after you use it.
- Don’t over-exert yourself and drink plenty of water to keep your immune system strong.
- Don’t fear the carbs. Fresh fruits are packed with vitamins and whole grains, such as rice, oats and buckwheat can build health bacteria in your gut. A substance found in fruits and vegetables called quercetin reduced the likelihood of flu in mice.
- If you feel sick, stay home. If you have a fever, stay home at least 24 hrs after your fever is gone.
- Carry a pen with you and don’t share.
- When pumping gas at the pump, use a paper towel to lift and place the gas nozzle. Use your knuckles or a pen to punch in information on the key pad.
- Don’t shake hands with anyone. If you do, wash your hands immediately.
- Wipe down your devices with a disinfecting wipe if you let your friends handle your devices.
Courtesy of American Family Care
Flu vaccines can also be obtained at local pharmacies, such as:
Please remember the flu is a viral illness. Good hand washing and covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze can help in the prevention of illness.